The new remastered Gears Of War Ultimate Edition will be exploding on to Xbox One systems later this month on August 25th 2015, and to whet your appetite before hand Microsoft have released a new trailer.
The latest trailer for the Gears Of War Ultimate Edition pays homage to the original trailer released back in 2006 that include the Gary Jules’ Mad World tune.
The Gears Of War Ultimate Edition includes all the games remastered at 1080P together with 60fps multiplayer. Microsoft explains :
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVE A Gears of War launch wouldn’t be complete without the return of Mad World. In celebration of the new Ultimate Edition, Mad World has been reimagined with all new footage showcasing how the original is back and better than ever.
The shooter that defined the first generation of HD gaming has been painstakingly remastered in 1080P, modernized for Xbox One with 60FPS competitive multiplayer, and loaded with new content including five campaign chapters never released on Xbox.
A new smartphone and tablet gamepad has been created called the Darkfinity that allows you to both play and charge your mobile device.
The Darkfinity gamepad supports devices up to 10.5 inches in size and is equipped with an internal 3350 mAh rechargeable battery and connects to your devices using Bluetooth.
The Darkfinity Gamepad project is currently over on the Kickstarter crowd funding website looking to raise €80,000 in pledges to make the jump from concept to production. Watch the video below to learn more about the gamepad that is now available to back from €69.
Finally, mobile gaming becomes easy and flexible – on your daily trip to work, on long journeys, just everywhere – transform your surroundings into your personal gaming world and take your games with you wherever you go.
The Darkfinity gamepad is the first, high-quality gamepad for smartphones and tablets that includes a powerbank and is in no way inferior to your gaming console at home! High-class and multifunctional – after many years of development we eventually managed to combine several products within our gamepad and consequently enable 100% gaming experience.
The Darkfinity Gamepad was developed during the previous three years by Ümit Göksu, the founder and CEO, and his team existing of German engineers. After all these years of development, we now have the first gamepad that enables mobile gaming – comfortable and without any compromises – with every device and on the long run. The gamepad can be adjusted horizontally in size through the telescope pullout and is therefore suitable for all mobile devices up to 10.5 inches.
Nvidia has today announced that their new GameWorks VR Beta SDK is now available in two versions as an SDK for game and application developers, and as an SDK for headset developers
The SDK has been designed to provide developers with improved performance, lower latency and plug-and-play compatibility for virtual reality games and applications.
Offering a set of application programming interfaces, libraries and features. The new beta Nvidia SDK for game and application developers includes:
– VR SLI — increases performance for virtual reality apps where multiple GPUs can be assigned a specific eye to dramatically accelerate stereo rendering. With the GPU affinity API, VR SLI allows scaling for systems with more than two GPUs.
– Multi-Res Shading — an innovative new rendering technique for VR whereby each part of an image is rendered at a resolution that better matches the pixel density of the warped image. Multi-Res Shading uses Maxwell’s multi-projection architecture to render multiple scaled viewports in a single pass, delivering substantial performance improvements.
While the SDK for headset developers provides :
– Context Priority — provides headset developers with control over GPU scheduling to support advanced VR features such as asynchronous time warp, which cuts latency and quickly adjusts images as gamers move their heads, without the need to re-render a new frame.
– Direct Mode — the NVIDIA driver treats VR headsets as head-mounted displays accessible only to VR applications, rather than a normal Windows monitor that your desktop shows up on. This provides better plug-and-play support and compatibility for the VR headset.
– Front Buffer Rendering — enables the GPU to render directly to the front buffer to reduce latency
Nvidia is now taking registration from Application developers who can simply sign up for our GameWorks Registered Developer Program and download the GameWorks VR SDK for free. For more information on the new GameWorks VR Beta SDK jump over to the official Nvidia website for details and to register your interest
Rovio has announced that their latest game in the Angry Birds series, Angry Birds 2 has been downloaded 30 million times since it launched two weeks ago.
The company has said that around 10 million of those 30 million downloads have come from China, the game is available as a free download and comes with in app purchases.
It’s been shy of two weeks since Angry Birds 2 was released worldwide and the response has been humbling! After 14 days of flinging, smashing and popping, the flock’s all-new adventure has hit the 30 million download milestone — with a third coming from China alone.
What a great start to the Angry Birds 2 journey! But keep those slingshots well waxed and in good working order. The adventure on Piggy Island is just getting started, and exciting surprises await around the corner.
It will be interesting to see how much revenue this new game generates for Rovio, it could end up being more profitable than the original Angry Birds, due to the in app purchases, although some fans of the franchise are not very impressed with the way the game is structured.